Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Anyone want a cat?






Just kidding - kind of. I love my cat. She's a part of the family. She also apparently loves Baby Alpaca yarn, so really, how can I not love her? (She never messed with my acrylic yarns this way.)

I was so excited to get up this morning and take pictures for you of the Women's Open Palm Mitten. (Yes, just one mitten - I know what you are thinking. Give me time. I'm a busy woman.) I worked the mitten in Knit Picks Andean Treasure, 100% Baby Alpaca, colorway Midnight. It is soft and blue and green and lovely and -- can you tell? -- I love it! Little did I know that Maddie would love it as well.

I'm sure I placed the whole caboodle snug inside it's ziploc resting place last night before bed. OK, so maybe I forgot to seal it. Really though, I would have thought that at Maddie's age (nine) she would know better. She's like a kid. And these kids, I tell you...

Where was I? Oh yes...instead of waking up and pulling out my prized mitten for pictures--Instead of that...I awoke to find this lovely scene. Grrrr! I then spent at least 30 minutes trying to un-knot the whole mess, while Maddie looked on (she can be so callous sometimes). See that smug look on her face. I realize now, after looking at the pictures, she does know better, she just simply does not care.

See if I knit anything for her.

PS - the fact that my pattern (see last pic) has a picture of a cat on it is not lost on me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok I won't put what I said I would last night..haha. Love the pics of that damn smug cat sitting there like "yeah I did it, so what" Your progressing nicely with the mittens!