Thursday, October 2, 2008

C and R's London Beanies







Here are the London Beanies I made for the boys. Originally the hats were supposed to be for J. The Blue and Gray stripe one was made first using Caron Super Soft and I think that's why it came out so small. It fit J's head, but didn't cover his ears. Turns out it fits 5 year old R just fine though and he is happy as can be with it! The second hat was made with Lion Brand Wool, which of course is thicker. I didn't think about that ahead of time and I added 5 mores rows before I got to the stripes, so to be sure to cover J's ears. It fits J, but he thinks it looks like a chemo cap (and the stripes begin 5 rows higher on the head, so it looks kind of dorky anyway.) However, it also fits 7 year old C (who has a Charlie Brown head, God love him), and he doesn't care how it looks on him - he loves the hat. J is just a little bit more picky. (Or a lot more picky!) So, I'm going to try again on the beanie for J. I'm going back to the Caron yarn (is softer and machine washable). Pics in a few days!

No comments: