Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl followed by Snow Day

We watched the Super Bowl last night. I'm a Peyton Manning fan (a little bit), but was glad to see New Orleans win. That city deserved a reason to party and they played a great game.

But now let's discuss the real excitement of Super Bowl Sunday: food and commercials. I slacked off on the snack food this year. We're trying to eat more healthy, and I just wasn't much in the mood for 'healthy' snacks. I did make a nice homemade beef stew (yum!) for dinner and as a concession to 'we have to have something to snack on-it's the Super Bowl' theory that I got from my husband, I made a small batch of ro-tel dip and gave him a bag of tortilla chips. That was it for snacks. I did, however, have margaritas. Cuz, dudes...any excuse for a margarita and I'm all over it!

I thought the commercials were fairly lame this year. I was a little disturbed by the two commercials featuring underwear (not sexy people in underwear, mind you) in a row. Really, could the planners have not separated them out a little bit. Probably would have been more effective if they had not been back to back. Instead, I just cringed while watching them. My favorite was the little boy in the doritos commercial. "Put it back. Keep yo hands of my momma and keep yo hands off my doritos." Hahaha, funny stuff.

I was glad to see the Clydesdales in a commercial. Being from the St. Louis area and having a bad taste in my mouth because of the whole InBev takeover, I do still like the Clydesdales. They are beautiful horses. And does anyone miss the Bud frogs from years ago? They were awesome.

Woke up this morning to just enough snow to make the roads slick and cancel school. I made the mistake of telling the boys too early. If they had thought they had to get up for school, I couldn't have drug them out of bed. But because I told them they could sleep in instead of telling them to get moving, they jumped out of bed full of energy and attitude. No Schoooooolllll!!!! Help me.

Well, here's hoping things calm down around here in time for some knitting to get done. And I'm trying a new recipe for dinner tonight. Going to try hungrygirl.com's buttermilk chicken tenders. (I'm sure that's not the right name, but it's close). Sounds yummy. I do like trying some of these new healthy recipes. So far, so good.

Oh man, CJ has the TV turned up to 'amplify' mode, the dog won't stop barking at the snow falling, Ryan won't stop yelling at the dog, and I'm on my third cup of coffee. This day is not shaping up like I planned!

No comments: