Wednesday, January 14, 2009

14. No knitting

No knitting content tonight, folks. Not that you care, since the scarf looks pretty much the same at every stage of the process - just longer.

Tonight was College Financial Aid Meeting night at the high school. As I have a soon-to-be-graduating-senior-who's-leaving-his-mother I attended and learned a lot. I learned that I'm scared crap-less about the process of financial aid (I'm sure that wasn't the intent of the meeting, but so be it). There is just so much to do. And as son has yet to decide on a college landing-point, I feel like we are doing this times two (or three). Son is picking his college largely on the amount of financial aid offered to him. Two of the schools he's looking at offer the major he wants, and one of the schools he's looking at offers tuition-free in exchange for 5 years of active duty in the army, but doesn't have his major. Still, an appointment to West Point is a pretty good last resort to have.

And I must mention the weather. Enough with the cold, alright? Temp tonight is forecast for -3 with wind chills -25. Can you say "Freakin' BRRRRR!" I love winter, but only because I love snow. And if I can't have snow, then give me 75 degrees. K?

No comments: