Thursday, January 22, 2009

22. This was a day, for sure

Wow. I can't begin to tell you how exhausted I am tonight! I'm not sure why, really, because a busy day at work is not all that unusual, but I am really feeling whipped.

It could be because I didn't get lunch. Or dinner (although I could have - I cooked burgers tonight, but I just wasn't in the mood to eat.). Now the kids are in bed and I'm thinking I might be hungry. I'll deal with that in a little bit though. Right now I am finishing up the Noro Scarf. I really hope it gets finished tonight, as it is supposed to turn back cold tomorrow and I'm just ready for it to be finished. I'll bet you are too!

I've also been keeping later hours at night and getting up earlier, what with the new puppy and all. I think I spend more time outside than in! I could put him out by himself, but he just sits at the door and stares at me with his head cocked to the side. I'm hoping that gets better as he gets older.

I splurged on myself last night. I bought a scrub top from Wal-Mart. I don't usually buy them there, but it was on sale for $7.00!!! Now I know why. I put it on this morning and realized it was a little bit lower cut than I preferred, and that it was a wrap-type, but I was sufficiently covered. Shortly after getting to school this morning though, we had a student with a medical emergency and after spending a half an hour on the floor in the hallway I realized that I was flashing the emergency services workers. Great, huh? Safety pin fixed that problem. Then I lost my lunch money due to the hole in the pocket where they didn't finish the seam all the way. (Not a problem really - I didn't have time to eat anyway!) I know you get what you pay for, but sheesh! Not to worry. A secretary at work is an accomplished seamstress and she is going to fix it up for me. She'll be mending the hole in the pocket, fixing a seam on the other pocket that is sewn crooked and allows items in the pocket to fall down BELOW the seam and nearly get lost, and she's going to sew the wrap section of the top so I no longer have to worry about being "exposed".

All in a days work, I guess.

Good night!

No comments: