Friday, January 9, 2009

9. Pssst...Someone is following me

Hey look! I have Followers.

Ahem...To all my followers... (kind of sounds aristocratic, doesn't it?)

Just wanted to say thanks for reading my blog and commenting. The baby blanket is on its way.
Tonight is a quiet night at home, getting ready to settle in for some Noro Scarf knitting. Want to see a lovely one while you wait for mine to be finished? Look at this...

http://brooklyntweed.blogspot.com/2007/04/noro-scarf.html

This one was the inspiration for mine. The colors are a little different, as the colors Jared used were discontinued. I only hope mine turns out as great as his.

In the meantime, I have to tell you, it's been a sad week here at the FooFoo's. Our dog, Whitey, passed away a couple of days ago. He was an outside dog, who didn't get nearly the love and attention he deserved, but he was always sweet and kind, very gentle with the boys, and he'll be greatly missed. He was getting quite old (77 in dog years). I hope he's happy in Doggie Heaven with a new, young dog body and lots of room to run.

We waited until tonight to tell the little ones, as I couldn't bear to tell them at the time because it was almost bedtime, and then I didn't want to tell them in the morning and then send them off to school, and then last night was the program, etc. So, we told them tonight. Ryan took it very well - he doesn't understand, and just asks lots of questions. Soft-hearted CJ is pretty sad though, and I kind of promised that we'd think about getting another dog, this one to live with us in the house.

I'm such a sucker. I don't mind dogs, I just am not very patient with the housebreaking of one. That's what I love about my cat. Anyway, wish me luck. I'm looking for a new dog, not to replace Whitey, but to cheer the boys up. All little boys deserve a puppy, don't you think?

Have a good night - see you tomorrow.

No comments: