Wednesday, January 7, 2009

7. This is the day...

This is the day when you will be competely bored out of your mind and wonder why the hell you waste your time reading this blog anyway.

For once, I have nothing to say. I know - that's really unusual for me.

I'm working on the Noro scarf, and I'm enjoying seeing the beautiful colors that are melding together (I would estimate I've only knitted about 18 inches, so I've got a long way to go.) However, that being said, if it wasn't for the awesome colors, I would say this yarn is kind of crap. There is a lot of bits of straw in it, which I can forgive - I just pick it out, but it is exasperating a little bit. Then there are sections where the yarn is really thin and other sections where the yarn is really thick - there isn't a lot of consistency to it. I would never pay this much for yarn like this if it wasn't for the lovely colors. I'd say the Noro yarn should be glad it has that quality going for it, or I'd probably stick it in the stash.

But oh, the colors...





On another note, I cannot believe today is only Wednesday. It seems like this week is just dragging by. Going back to work sucks when you just want to sit at home and knit. I say that, but I do feel fortunate that I have a job to go to - there are many people suffering right now because of the economy and unemployment, so I'll do my best not to complain about my job-too much.

No comments: