Tuesday, January 6, 2009

6. Dear Libby...

Dear Libby,

This little beauty is on its way to you for Crystal's precious new baby, Melanie. (Think she would care if Auntie Christie calls her Meli?)





I wish I could say I had made this myself, but it's crochet and we all know I can't crochet and therefore I can't lie about it. My dear sister-in-law made it up a while back and when I was telling her about the new baby, and how I don't have any baby yarn in the house to knit anything (because I had given my stash to her), she said "I have just the thing." And this morning, the little blankie magically appeared on my desk at work.

I hope Crystal and baby Melanie (Meli?) like it as much as I do.

I'm also sending along your (belated) Christmas ornament. I knew you wouldn't mind the belated part.

I leave you with this sweet little angel (don't mind the barbecue sauce on his face - I think that makes him look even more delicious, don't you?)


Ry-Ry says "Hiiiiiiii Wibbbbby"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful! I know Melanie and Crystal will both love it!

I am so glad you do the knitting in the family! I can never seem to find the time anymore.

Maybe after Algebra...

Unknown said...

Girl, Algebra is more important at the moment! Thanks for the comment!!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutly you can call her Meli! Crystal actually read a book (No, really, a book in our circle, psht :) ) where the heroine was Meli and that is one of the reasons she picked the name! Look at you, caught on before many others. Thanks for your support!

Anonymous said...

Meli it is!! That is completely fine! And Lela is mistaken a bit she was not the heroine in the book but her best friend who actually was the scarlet who slept with her boyfriend LOL But never the less I love that they called her Meli!!!!! Thank you so much for the Blanket I know she will love it! <3 Crystal